PDA

View Full Version : [Approved] Rakden

Rakden
09-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Application:
#1 What MMO experience do you have and what games are you currently playing? (MMO and otherwise)
Just Starcraft 2 at the moment. I played WoW up until last month but a change in my work schedule means I can't raid with my guild anymore and WoW is pretty boring without raiding.

#2a What are your characters names and levels in game?

WoW

Rakdenhesth - 85
Dargda - 85
Doreian - 85
Putrese - 85
Scoobydood - 85
Felgon - 80

I left out the lowbies

#2b What is your handle/name at the SW:TOR Website?

Rakden

#3 Are you 18 years old or older?

Yes

#4 How long have you played MMO's?

5 years

#5 How long have you played the game that you are applying for membership on?

SWTOR isn't out yet. I did play the beta during Labor Day weekend.

#6 What Guilds/Clans/Nations have you belonged to in the past?

Trunk Monkeys
Afterlife
Bonzo Dog Doo Dah

#7 How long were you in them and why aren't you still there?

Trunk Monkeys - 5 years. A small friends and family guild. Most people have stopped playing since Cata rolled. I founded the guild and I am the GM. The majority of my toons are still in this guild.

Afterlife - 9 months. An Australian raiding guild. They transferred servers last year and the guild fell apart.
Bonzo - 2 months. Another Australian raiding guild that I joined after Afterlife. I raided with them until I changed jobs. They raid from 3 to 6AM PST. I used to work nights and the raid times worked great for me, but I'm on days now and can't support it.

#8 What did you like and/or dislike about the previous Guilds you were in?

I like guilds that are laid back, help people and don't have cliques. I understand that some people get along better than others but I don't like to see obvious favoritism. I like raid progression and clearly defined strats and roles when raiding. It's very difficult to make adjustments in a boss fight if people aren't doing the same thing more or less every time.

#9 What kind of characters do you usually play? Caster, Tank, Support Toon, Scout etc....

I have played all 3 roles in WoW and am very good at all of them. I prefer to heal, but will do whatever the guild needs.

#10 What drew you to apply to GoW? Were you referred by a current or past member?

Ninwa recommended I put in an app. I am looking for a new guild to play SWTOR with when it rolls.

#11 How long are you planning on being a GoWian? Are you willing to play multiple games or move games if we drop our support of a particular game division?

As long as we are actively doing things as a guild and having fun I have no intention of leaving.

#12 When do you usually play and for how long? Are you a weekend warrior? Night owl?

Evenings around 6-10PST.

#13 If the game you are applying for membership on has servers, what server do you play on?
SWTOR hasn't rolled yet. In WoW, I am on Hyjal.

#14 What is your most memorable Raiding Experience?

Trunk Monkeys is a local, friends and family guild. We used to have guild night out once every few months. One guild night out was before raid day (we raided in the morning) and everyone got completely trashed. We started in ICC and did surprisingly well for being totally hung over. When we got to loot ship and it was time to jump across the only people with jet packs were a tank and me a healer. Killing the caster with MF and Wrath in healing spec took forever...

#15 Are you willing to grind faction rep, professions, and instances to help get gear that will maximize your performance in a raid environment?

Yes. I've done it on multiple times on multiple toons.

#16 Are you willing to spec your character to support the needs of the guild, and to take constructive criticism about your talent tree, gearing, and playstyle?

Yes, I am open to any tips or tricks people know. I love progression and am willing to do what is necessary to help the guild. In the past I have switched from tank to healer, from pally healer to druid healer, pretty much whatever it takes to down new content.

#17 What role are you looking to fill that would make you happiest when you play?

I'd prefer to be a healer, but I can perform any role.

#18 Have you preordered yet? If so, have you redeemed your preorder code on SWTOR.com?

Yes and yes.

#19 About Me

I have a lot of raid experience and am looking to get in with a raid focused but fun loving guild.

Chelvie
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Goros will be in contact with you soon.

Goros
09-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Your app looks good. Welcome aboard. We'll get you forum access today, and I'll accept your app on the swtor forums as well.

Feel free to hop in vent once you get access and can see the password, or chelvie can PM it to you. There's usually a few of us on every day, more if we're raiding that night.

Chelvie
09-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Password and info sent :)

Rakden
09-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys. I look forward to playing with you.

Jehuty
09-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome aboard

joooyyyyy
09-11-2011, 04:30 PM
welcome. get ninwa to play. thanks =D

Lightly
09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Whoop whoop

ninwa
09-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Welcome aboard *yeah im slow* lol. I might play once winter hits that is if I get a new puter or vid card by then and things aren't crazy =P.

Rakden
09-22-2011, 09:27 PM
You and your slow responses... oh wait...
You must get a new computer then. SWTOR will likely be the greatest game of all time!

Goros
09-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I know Booty is in the process of building a new rig right now, and I just got done upgrading my old one to "as fast as I can make it without watercooling" mode.

I think Dreadan just upgraded some of his parts too, plus he owns/runs a PC store.

If you need anything, "we have the technology". Or, at least the knowledge, if not the loot.

Dreadan
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Not really a store I just fix puters :P and i build a new computer last December

ninwa
09-23-2011, 10:59 AM
lmao I loved the "we have the technology" comment. Me and my bro are going to build new puters this winter, just waiting till the weather turns.

Brambles
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Like a baws