PDA

View Full Version : [Approved] Whit

Blac
09-14-2011, 11:22 PM
#1 What MMO experience do you have and what games are you currently playing? (MMO and otherwise)

EQ, AC1, DAOC, AO, AOC, CoH/CoV, matrix Online, Darkfall, DDO, GW, Knight online, Lineage1, SWG, Vanguard, Warhammer, WoW

#2a What are your characters names and levels in game?
I maxed out every character in the above games except for Darkfall, DDO, Lineage1, AC1.
Most games I go by Blac or Whit, as well as BackdoorBandit.

#2b What is your handle/name at the SW:TOR Website?
Blacryan

#3 Are you 18 years old or older?
Yes

#4 How long have you played MMO's?
About 10 years

#5 How long have you played the game that you are applying for membership on?
None

#6 What Guilds/Clans/Nations have you belonged to in the past?
FoH, WMD, DHL, CBF, Pax Romana

#7 How long were you in them and why aren't you still there?

I was in FoH for majority of my EQ career, stopped playing EQ and they were still involved heavily in EQ. I would still consider myself part of CBF and Pax Romana... CBF isn't playing any games actively and I don't for see them playing anything in the near future. Most of these people have moved on with life and you could say the guild isn't really active anymore besides a few people that stay in contact via forums/website. So I try to meet up with them in games and find a guild that fits up mutually. Same with Pax, played AO with them for years... still talk to most of them once or twice a month just to say hi. Most have moved on from gaming.

#8 What did you like and/or dislike about the previous Guilds you were in?

For the most part, I'm a pretty easy going person. I can get along with almost any guild and any people. As far as DHL the reason I left DHL was I couldn't stand having nobody to kill... I hated seeing people out and everybody being part of DHL. I loved DHL, but when it got to the point the game was becoming boring because there was nobody to interact with on a PVP basis I left... No bad blood, I just need to continue to have fun in the game or I would get burnt out and leave.

As far as my current rift guild (Tribal.guildlaunch.com), I like them a lot. The only thing I dislike is they have a bit of a issue with holding people accountable. For example we had a raid a couple weeks ago on DH we are all in full raid gear, DH is SIMPLE we have all cleared it. A couple people weren't paying attention and jacking off, I apparently offended some 1 (not 1 of the people I called out, but a different member) because I publically called someone out and didn't refer to us as a "whole". I don't mind some carebareism, but I'm not going to waste hours because 1 or 2 people feel like facebooking in the middle of an encounter.

#9 What kind of characters do you usually play? Caster, Tank, Support Toon, Scout etc....

Anything that's not a tank generally. I usually go the assassin/DPS route first, then create a caster.

#10 What drew you to apply to GoW? Were you referred by a current or past member?

To this day the most fun I have ever had in a MMO was in Shadowbane. I loved that game, I loved the competition, I love the players. I loved the community. Just to be able to play with some of those players again, that you know are good.

#11 How long are you planning on being a GoWian? Are you willing to play multiple games or move games if we drop our support of a particular game division?

I'm planning on being a member until the guild falls apart or people stop playing... If everybody moves to a new game that is great, I would to. If everybody were to have left shadowbane though, I would have stayed. If I'm really enjoying playing a game and having a great time playing it, I wouldn't drop it cold for something else. I would probably get the other game and try it out and if it's fun switch over.

#12 When do you usually play and for how long? Are you a weekend warrior? Night owl?

Definite night owl, I usually play for as long as I can, lately there has been no set times. I party quite a bit so weekends I'm generally out and get on when I get home at 2-4am.

#13 If the game you are applying for membership on has servers, what server do you play on?

Whatever server the guild chooses?

#14 What is your most memorable Raiding Experience?
Plenty of EQ memorable experiences, could go on for days about that. My favorite memories all come from PvP in shadowbane though. I can't count the number of incredibly fun raids/defense fights we had in SB that I absolutely loved.

#15 Are you willing to grind faction rep, professions, and instances to help get gear that will maximize your performance in a raid environment?
Yes, that is all part of gearing up for raiding/the game anyways.

#16 Are you willing to spec your character to support the needs of the guild, and to take constructive criticism about your talent tree, gearing, and playstyle?
Definitely, I always ask better, more advanced players for advice anyways. I try to tweak that to fit my play style / abilities. Something to make it my own, but I love to learn new things and always take the opportunity to get advice/help.

#17 What role are you looking to fill that would make you happiest when you play?
Something that is half way decent in PVE as well as PVP. Generally an assassin.

#18 Have you preordered yet? If so, have you redeemed your preorder code on SWTOR.com?

No and No.

#19 About Me
I'm 23 and from Oregon. I recently got a nice chunk of change from a inheritance and have recently signed to open a local franchise with a lifelong friend of mine. I help coach wrestling at my old high school, and am working on my second BS, this time in accounting. PoliSci is good for one thing... getting into law school and right now the law school job market isn't what I'm looking for, so I've put that on hold. I also do Brazilian jiu jitsu competitively and have had 5 amateur cage fights. I broke my wrist about 2 months ago in a motorcycle accident and was supposed to have my first pro fight at the end of august but that obviously didn't happen, so I'm hoping to do that in this upcoming year. Besides that I am a womanizer and drink on the ocassion.

Goros
09-15-2011, 07:16 AM
App looks good whit, give us a day or so to get everyone together.

Thanks

Goros
09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome aboard, hippy.

Dreadan will be granting you forum access shortly, please apply to the guild on the SWTOR forums so we can get you tagged.

Thanks

joooyyyyy
09-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Besides that I am a womanizer and drink on the ocassion.

you'll fit right in with the rest of the bastards in guild =)

Blac
09-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Whoop's I forgot I was also apart of the "Nation of Whit". Very successful guild, possibly the most successful in war server history.