PDA

View Full Version : [Approved] Jasian

Jasian
10-22-2011, 10:08 PM
#1 What MMO experience do you have and what games are you currently playing? (MMO and otherwise)
I have played just about every mainstream MMO for the past 10 years. My experience started with EQ and ended by un-subbing to WoW a few months ago. In between those I have played EQ1, EQ2, Shadowbane, DAoC, SWG, WoW, Rift, Vanguard, AoC, City of Heroes, and DCUO.

#2a What are your characters names and levels in game?
My most played MMO of the last 5-6 years is WoW.
Narastus 84 Paladin, Jarere 85 Druid, Talthroxx 83 Warlock, Lhavik 82 Hunter, Jozbez 81 Shaman, Quazz 85 Priest, Rhaelan 85 Mage

#2b What is your handle/name at the SW:TOR Website?
Jasian

#3 Are you 18 years old or older?
Yes

#4 How long have you played MMO's?
About 10 years or so, more or less, started with EQ1.

#5 How long have you played the game that you are applying for membership on?
Very limited as it won't release until December 20th

#6 What Guilds/Clans/Nations have you belonged to in the past?
Open Late(WoW), The Sundering(Vanilla WoW), various friend guilds when I wasn't raiding actively

#7 How long were you in them and why aren't you still there?
I quit Open Late several months ago when Rift came out. I un-subbed from WoW during that time. I have bounced back in to check on things but WoW is dead for me. I played with The Sundering about 5 years ago during Vanilla WoW. I quit while we were raiding Naxx 40 because I couldn't put in 5 nights a week to raiding at that time.

#8 What did you like and/or dislike about the previous Guilds you were in?
Both of the guilds that I mentioned by name were pretty hardcore raiding guilds. They enjoyed limited PvP but they were without a doubt raiding priority guilds. I am a pretty heavy researcher and min/maxer so that seemed to fit well. I never disliked the guilds I was in but I started to dislike the path Blizzard decided to roll with the game moving forward. I wanted a more hardcore game instead of a facebook/accessable game.

#9 What kind of characters do you usually play? Caster, Tank, Support Toon, Scout etc....
My preferred play style would be Healer/Caster dps. I have played every class in WoW to 80(when that was max). I have played everything in the trinity and in the EQ system which also included mezzer and debuff/buff classes.

#10 What drew you to apply to GoW? Were you referred by a current or past member?
I have been doing research on finding a Sith guild that was devoted to playing on a PvP server around my time zone. I saw your name on the TORWars guild list which included a link to your guild page on the swtor.com forums.

#11 How long are you planning on being a GoWian? Are you willing to play multiple games or move games if we drop our support of a particular game division?
All of my future guilds that I have raided with(not including friends guilds) I have been with for years at a time. I am a huge Star Wars fan and MMO gamer so I have no timeline for quitting on ToR. I will also be trying Guild Wars 2 and Tera Online when they launch but Star Wars is my first priority. If you have chapters in those games I would gladly join(if I even get accepted, that is). I'm an avid gamer though so I will be playing multiple games moving into the future.

#12 When do you usually play and for how long? Are you a weekend warrior? Night owl?
I work from Thurs-Mon but only until about noon. I will be on from about 1pm CST till about 10pm CST at night during normal play time. On my off days, Tues and Weds I will be on as long as the servers are not down till I go to sleep basically. I will adjust my play times depending on what your raid schedule would require.

#13 If the game you are applying for membership on has servers, what server do you play on?
Pvp preferred for ToR. PvE is what I played in WoW but I want a different scenario for ToR.

#14 What is your most memorable Raiding Experience?
Without a doubt it would be C'Thun in AQ40 during Vanilla WoW when it was actually very hard. I must have died over 100 times in the weeks that my guild farmed the encounter back in Vanilla. It was basically the first 3 phase encounter that I can recall that had no room for failure. The entire encounter would fall apart if a few people weren't on their A game. It was the most rewarding experience in WoW and when it was finally over Ventrilo literally exploded.

#15 Are you willing to grind faction rep, professions, and instances to help get gear that will maximize your performance in a raid environment?
I usually base my professions and talents/racial on raid scenarios. I have always done research on my class and specs, talents, glyphs, and min/max my professions, food buffs, etc. So yes I will be grinding what needs to be grinded and farming whatever I need. I do not rely on guild banks or personal banks to be raid ready. I come prepared for all of that myself. During the first week of Cataclysm I got realm first 85 mage on Winterhoof server and was raid ready within that first week. My guild, Open Late, was raiding before the first server shutdown.

#16 Are you willing to spec your character to support the needs of the guild, and to take constructive criticism about your talent tree, gearing, and playstyle?
I constantly change my specs based on performance. I am a forum junkie on sites like elitist jerks and the like researching the most up-to-date changes to whatever class I'm playing, including alts. With the news that duel-spec will probably be in post-launch I will have multiple specs to mess with. I will be rolling a healing/caster dps spec for whatever scenario.

#17 What role are you looking to fill that would make you happiest when you play?
I am most happy when playing caster dps. I have played all the the WoW healers to max level of 80(during WotLK). I will be willing to roll whatever is needed.

#18 Have you preordered yet? If so, have you redeemed your preorder code on SWTOR.com?
Yes. I pre-ordered sometime in late July. I posted my code on the website right after. I am just waiting on early access at the moment.

#19 About Me
I already listed most of the pertinent information about my play style in earlier answers but I am basically an avid gamer in general. I have been looking for a good game to play lately and can't wait for ToR. I have not had a good MMO to play in a few months and I am actively looking forward to all the new MMO's coming out in 2011 and 2012. I will be playing a Sith Inquisitor mainly unless something else is needed or required. I plan on playing all the classes to max level but that is what I enjoyed so far. I am a very big Star Wars fan and a huge MMO raider. I am actively looking forward to playing on a PvP server. Another of my friends from WoW keeps trying to get me into more PvP so I intend to do just that. He was a gladiator in WoW so he'll be helping me learn more about that side of it. He will also be joining whatever PvP server I join.

Thanks for reading this wall of text. I await any word on the application moving forward.
Jasian

Dreadan
10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I unwalled the text :) Looks good. I'm sure Goros will get back to you soon.

Goros
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Looks good. Welcome aboard.

I'll accept on the swtor website when you apply there.

Dreadan will grant access to the appropriate sections of the forums.

Jasian
10-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I just finished the app on swtor.com. It should be pending authorization. Thanks for the invitation. See you in game/on vent soon.

Chelvie
10-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Omg deny it deny it!

Just kidding welcome to the club, just don't drink the kool aid