PDA

View Full Version : [Approved] Fews

11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Application:
#1 What MMO experience do you have and what games are you currently playing? (MMO and otherwise)

Began playing Planetside and moved with several members to FFXI, and then to Warcraft. Raided MC and BWL when they were the end game raids, then moved into ZG and AQ. Post WoW, played EQ2, WAR, Aion, LotRO, RIFT, EvE, STO, CO. Currently, I am dabbling in the F2P LotRO and recently got my SWTOR beta invite.

#2a What are your characters names and levels in game?

Since I started actually gaming online, I have gone by Fuse. Though that name was unavailable in Planetside, thus I have been using Fews for every main character in gaming. 01101010 I have been using on guild and gaming forums.

#2b What is your handle/name at the SW:TOR Website?

Ascii since 01101010 was not allowed. I tend to keep forum handles different than in-game handles.

#3 Are you 18 years old or older?

Haven't been 18 for 20 years now.

#4 How long have you played MMO's?

2004 for RPG, 2002 for FPS if you count Planetside beta and live as an MMO.

#5 How long have you played the game that you are applying for membership on?

Just got beta invite, so not long.

#6 What Guilds/Clans/Nations have you belonged to in the past?

In Planetside I was a founder of AA Alliance. FFXI was a year in the Linkshell Johari and then Exemplar. WoW saw the rise and split of several guilds. Bat Country has been the most constant thus far over past games: WAR, Aion, RIFT, EvE, and LotRO (Riders of Middle Earth).

#7 How long were you in them and why aren't you still there?

AA Alliance: co-founded with buddies from AA:0 and in it till the game tailed off 8 months or so when the expac came out and alienated the playerbase. First WoW guild was longest with 18 months before the guild split. Once drama reared its ugly head, I became disenchanted with guilds for a bit till Bat Country. However, Bat Country tends to be a quick burn in most games usually becoming a ghost town in 3months.

#8 What did you like and/or dislike about the previous Guilds you were in?

Keep: Consistency, accomplishments, and humor. Vendor: Impatience, intolerance, and schisms.

#9 What kind of characters do you usually play? Caster, Tank, Support Toon, Scout etc....

Tanks have been a pretty steady draw for me. Tanking started with FFXI and Paladin. This was the first foray into managing hate/enmity/aggro which I enjoyed. I did the ranged DPS in WoW during raids, but was fairly bored - Played a healer in WAR and was ok - but not a miracle worker. Caster in Aion and Melee DPS in RIFT.

#10 What drew you to apply to GoW? Were you referred by a current or past member?

Doorn mentioned if I was looking for a serious long term guild, I should apply - this over the afternoon breakfast at the diner.

#11 How long are you planning on being a GoWian? Are you willing to play multiple games or move games if we drop our support of a particular game division?

As long as the guild is around, I should be as well - and from my history, I have no issue with playing other games. I am slightly more committed to SWtoR though if the story base pans out as well as I hope.

#12 When do you usually play and for how long? Are you a weekend warrior? Night owl?

My job is the only real committment I have thus my evenings and weekends and nights and early AM are pretty much open.

#13 If the game you are applying for membership on has servers, what server do you play on?

I have no preference to servers.

#14 What is your most memorable Raiding Experience?

First excursion into MC winter of 2005. 40 people dogpiling on the trash and the 20 minute boss fight explanations followed by something not working and having all the gnomes in the raid running around /cheering as well wiped. Close second is raiding ZG and being the last person left alive against the spider boss. Kited down the ally/road a bit, called my pet and finished off the boss. Sadly, I did not have jumper cables on me, but at least two healers were soul stoned.

#15 Are you willing to grind faction rep, professions, and instances to help get gear that will maximize your performance in a raid environment?

Of course. This is the way of the world... and mindless grinding can be cathartic.

#16 Are you willing to spec your character to support the needs of the guild, and to take constructive criticism about your talent tree, gearing, and playstyle?

Again, of course. If this was a single player game, not so much, but when part of a group, never be the weakest part.

#17 What role are you looking to fill that would make you happiest when you play?

More than likely, another tank role. That said, I generally fill out the "typical" tank class and a tank alt that is a bit more hybrid. e.g., Prot warrior as a main, but like to know other tank archtypes such as feral druid and prot Pally. I like to know the differences, but I do the alts on my time.

#18 Have you preordered yet? If so, have you redeemed your preorder code on SWTOR.com?

After being in betas for the majority of the MMOs I have played and pre-ordering most of those, I am taking a release day approach to SWtoR. However, as it gets closer, I may preorder though I doubt I will take advantage of early start as it has ruined a few games for me.

#19 About Me

I played my first Pong game in 1977 in my Aunt and Uncle's house and I have been sorting pixels since - even so far as to have participated in the fabled mall arcade and the ritual of putting my quarter up for next.

Brambles
11-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice app, goros should respond shortly.
Thanks!

Doorn
11-09-2011, 10:01 AM
He's old. Also, Lenny, you have met this one, I think.

Jehuty
11-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Was it the guy who was drunk at Pamela's at like 1?

Doorn
11-09-2011, 10:39 AM
yup

11-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Was it the guy who was drunk at Pamela's at like 1?

Technically I was drunk at 10am... and from then on.

Brambles
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice!!

Goros
11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you're a perfect fit. Go toss in the app on the SWTOR site (just make sure I know who you are, you can leave the rest blank) and I'll get you access there as well.

Dreadan will hook you up with access today. Welcome.

11-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Done and done...

Dreadan
11-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Access Granted