PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Pax Republica!

ATownArmy
02-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Hey there my lovably evil Imperials! I am ATownArmy, Pax Republica's newest Liaison. We've seen GoW members around Illum and warzones plenty of times before and have a high level of respect for both your character and talent. That's why I wanted to stop by and introduce myself. A little background on me: My name is Jordan, originally from just ouside of Dallas, TX. I'm currently working as a firefighter in Baghdad, Iraq. I play a Trooper Gunnery Commando in game. I haven't really gotten to know any of you that well, so I'm excited to start a relationship with all of you in your territory. Some background on Pax, we are a Republic guild that focuses mainly on PvP though we have plenty of PvE players, and most of our guild does at least some PvE. We started the guild a little more than 2 years ago with SWTOR in mind and a goal to have a drama-free guild that promoted an easy-going atmosphere. Our motto is that "What's important isn't the game you play, but who you play it with"

So with that in mind, let me say that as Liaison, my chief task is to improve the quality of the game for everyone by encouraging all guilds to work together and use each other for mutual benefits. This can be helping cross-faction alts level up, scheduling fun and challenging PvP scenarios, addressing issues between guild members, or just a nice galactic credit handout for those in need. What I see as I peruse many guild's forums is that SWTOR is plagued by lack of end-game content, trolling/harassment issues, and a lack of excitement from the community, and a lack of dedication from BioWare that we all expected. In Pax, we have certainly felt it as several of our close friends have taken leaves of absences, or had to quit the guild because of a displeasure in the game. We are working to come up with solutions, and I hope to include GoW in those talks and decisions.

A few of the things that we have come up with to help out the lack of end-game material are some task-based OPvP events (like a player-driven warzone), treasure hunts (we had a very successful one last night for Pax players in which one of our officers was hiding somewhere on Hoth and we had to find him for a prize of 2mil credits), and also a game like tag, but whoever is "it" has the trophy, and you have to duel them and win to take it from them. These are just a few of the ideas that we're trying to implement, but what would help us out the most if if you had any ideas, or better yet if you wanted to join in any of ours.

THEREFORE, what I need from you is your thoughts. As Liaison, I need to know what our Imperial bronies are thinking, and what problems they are having. So let me have it! What are your problems, concerns, ideas, gripes, and complaints? What solutions have y'all thought of implementing or found to be effective? How do you, personally, feel about everything from specifically Pax, to end-game content, to the PvP system, to BioWare? I want to know because once we get the problems out in the open, we can come together and start addressing them by priority. So you can reply to this thread, as I will be checking it often, PM me, hit up Pax's forums at pax-republica.net, or email me directly at atownarmy@hotmail.com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Goros
02-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Hey man, I've seen you guys around a lot. Just let us discuss this proposition a little bit and we'll get back to you. We also have members tagged on your faction under GoW tags, so we'll be sure to hit them up as well. We've always been big on "kill your enemies...and your friends".

I definitely agree that something other than Ilum needs to exist for quality world pvp, and you can bet whatever it is, we want to be there. Give us a couple days to sort out, valentines day makes it unlikely that any movement will happen today.

Thanks

ATownArmy
02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the quick response! Definitely take y'alls time, no rush on our end. Just a quick update: This post is still the best way to communicate with me directly and Pax, but in order for all of the guilds to communicate better, I have made THE TWIN SPEARS AMBASSADOR CANTINA (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2822944#post2822944) on the SWTOR community forums. This is for ONE (1) person (preferably an ambassador) to go and communicate your guilds needs, ideas, and problems to come up with solutions and implement them with the help of the rest of the guilds. So if you want to grab Pax specifically for an event or bounce ideas off of me, I'm all for it, and we can do it right here, but the Cantina is the best place to go if you want the attention of the entire server on a particular issue or idea or bounce ideas off of everybody.

Just please fill out the little form at the bottom of the Cantina to properly rep you guild and keep checking in to see what others are coming up with or need help implementing. In any case, Happy Valentine's Day! Just remember to blow a kiss at me before you kill me :love-struck:

Weasel
02-14-2012, 08:22 AM
How Much does Tatooine get used...? Just a thought but thats open world open faction PVP correct? Much respect for what you're doing out of game, thanks for your service! In Game i know we're all about ridding the world of as many Republic as we can :) If Bio isnt going to do it, i know we can all come up with something that gets the server motivated to have some fun...Has there been any attempts to take over any major quest hubs or cities? See you a good bit in PVP Gunnery take care of yourself until we see you again

ATownArmy
02-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Tatooine is an excellent starting place because it is rarely used, so there will be very few Pugs, there are res points right next to it, so you're not pod racing back to the fight more than fighting, and it has some nifty add-ons like health/speed/expertise boosts and nodes with Merc comms. Also, everyone knows generally where it is, and it is large enough to hold a huge fight, but has nooks and crannies (like the arena) to hold 1v1, 2v2 size skirmishes. This is where we fill in the "Where" in our OPvP ideas unless a better place presents itself.

In answer to your question about take overs: Yes. The biggest organized OPvP outside of Illum that I've heard of yet was a "Takeover" of the Pallista Spaceport on Alderaan (The Rep spaceport). It was a mess. Because it was the main spaceport, there were a lot of Reps not playing by the rules (i.e. fighting with companions, trying to camp bodies, yelling harassment) it was VERY far away from the Imp res point, so they had to run a LONG way to start the fight over again, and it was organized by about 3 messages in all, so noone REALLY knew what was going on. That said though, it was also a blast. the most fun I've had in PvP yet, BY FAR. For such a catastrophe to be so fun, I'm really excited about what our well laid plans will bring.

Thank you very much for the kind words and I hope to see you in-game as well!

Brambles
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Lifetapt gaming has been organizing PvP events on tattooine for the last week or so. You can sign up for 2v2 up to 8v8.
I assume they have started doing this because many of their hardcore members have gotten full Battlemaster geared out and are bored with the game.
I have actually been playing less in order to preserve the "fun" of playing SWTOR.

I appreciate Pax's reach out to improve the community and always know we have to work a bit harder when we see you guys in a WZ.

Valryna
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Hey ATown!

It is great to hear that you guys are trying to liven up the end game PvP with some pretty thoughtful ideas on organized events. It also is always a pleasure fighting you guys in WZ's and on Ilum on a fairly regular basis. I always enjoy fighting you all because you present quite a challenge :)

I hope we will include ourselves in these events in the near future and as always see you Pax folks on the battlefield!

-Valryun

ATownArmy
02-15-2012, 06:20 AM
Brambles - Thanks for the heads up on Lifetapt's plans. We haven't heard anything about them on our end yet but that is definitely something that we would love to be a part of. I have their Team Speak info, but I don't have a good website address for them, so you know what, if any, forum that they use or some contact info I would definitely appreciate it. I wish we could just /w cross faction... *thinks of the problems that would cause*... yeah, nevermind, we'll stick to the forums ans VOIP :tongue:

Valryna - Definitely a pleasure fighting y'all in warzones and Illum as well. As I said, y'all have one of the better reputations on the server (talent + quality of people = reputation) so we always enjoy when our pre-mades meet head on with y'alls in game. I'm currently polishing up some of the plans that we have for events and content in the near future and hope to have all of them listed on the Ambassador Cantina shortly, and once I do I will of course post them here to get any GoW opinions, thoughts, and comments on. The plan is to have a list of all of the events that we want to run up and ready within 24 hours so we can start planning dates and times, and have them fully implemented (with prizes/trophies, materials, everything ready to go and set aside) within 48 hours. So it is coming and it is coming fast. I hope y'all are as excited as I am to try to make SWTOR a more fun game for everyone.

ATownArmy
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey my GoW peeps! So on the Ambassador Cantina is now a list of all of the content that we want to push out there in the next couple of days. It includes OPvP, PvP mixed with PvE, Half-naked knock-back fighting, speeder racing, tag, and scavenger hunts, plus a (very) sneak preview of the Twin Spears Hall of Fame. Since only Goros can post there, please read it and come back here to post your thoughts and ideas. If you want me to post all of the info here, I can, but it's a lot and I don't want to clutter your board more than I already have. Anyway, start the discussion now because we're going to start implementing these ideas in the next 24-48 hours. We need to know what you want to do, when you are free, tweaks to the game you'd like to make, anything that you got, hash it out here, I want to hear it! And thanks again for all of your support and assistance!

LINK TO THE THREAD SO YOU DONT HAVE TO SCROLL UP (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=299838)

Brambles
02-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I like that we are doing this. The problem with a couple of the fights is its hard to control. Anyone outside of guildies can run into the Den and interfere. Maybe we should push for an instanced Open PvP area for these types of activities?
Also there is no combat logs. That prevents awards for fastest kill, longest fight, etc.

ATownArmy
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
The good thing about Outlaw's Den says something bad about The Twin Spears, but no one's there. Everytime I go, it's empty. I completely agree, and even mentioned in the notes, that a PUG who is not aware of the rules can absolutely ruin OPvP. However, for a lot of other reasons, Outlaw's Den is great. I will inspect it and spend some time there to see about how often anyone comes through, because if you are right, then we will have to change venues, a very good point, thank you! As far as combat logs, and keeping track of fights (meticulously) this will rely on the organizer. Whoever is putting it on will be in charge of a lot of stuff, but especially that. Of course, he cann appoint people to help, but someone will need to keep track of every fight and be talking to others about results, who fights next, and any other important info that comes up. It would be awesome to have more mod-ability to have programs do that for us, but we'll make due with what we have, I don't see that as a big problem. All of that is up to the organizer, of course. If he just wants a few fights, with 1 prize, so be it. If he wants to review the fraps video to get a down-to-the-milisecond time, more power to him. Anyway, keep the comments and concerns coming! And thank you very much again for the quick response.

Brambles
02-15-2012, 07:06 PM
The 3 or so times I've rolled through the Den, I have seen someone once and I killed them and they got mad cause they were Empire.
But Yeah that was just the one out of three. It would be interesting to check it out.

On a different note. Is it you guys that have the stealth group that leaves one person as bait, then suddenly 3-5 people are popping out of stealth and killing you?

Brambles
02-15-2012, 07:07 PM
It's genius. We used to do that stuff in Shadowbane.

ATownArmy
02-16-2012, 02:13 AM
I wish I could take credit for it, but I don't think we've used that tactic. I play in off-peak hours (1am-4pm EST) due to my location, so whenever I PvP, I have to cruise around on my speeder to find someone or risk fighting the zerg at central so stealth doesn't tend to do me much good (As a Commando, I'd be the bait anyway, which would do me even less good :sad::). For all I know it very well could be some crafty Paxians, but they haven't discussed the tactic on our forums.

ATownArmy
02-18-2012, 08:11 AM
New events listed in the Cantina. Check them out, or just show up at The Outlaw's Den at 12 noon EST Saturday Feb 18th for OPvP and a few other events to follow.

ATownArmy
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, just a quick update. Remember tonight is PvP Tournaments in the Outlaw's Den. we'll have brackets for levels, and gear/ability depending on the amount of people that show, plus cash prizes. I hope to see you there!

Goros
02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm out of town till tomorrow, but we'll be trying to get some peoplw there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Brambles
02-22-2012, 12:35 PM
A few of us are out of town for this week I think. But I'll pop in vent and spread the word.

ATownArmy
02-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Thanks guys. We didn't have any GoW show up, but we did have a great showing. 2 guys from Omni (Dyze and Drakfiend) ended up winning it :sad2:. Anyway, never fear, we have more tournaments coming up with one on Saturday, and one next Wednesday (a little later in the evening for any West coast players) both of them in The Outlaw's Den, and OPvP on Illum Sunday. So lots of good stuff coming up, keep checking The Ambassador Cantina (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2822944#post2822944) for schedules of upcoming events and the newly launched Twin Spears Hall of Fame (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=304175) I hope to see you out there! Remember to /wave. It helps me get an extra Grav Round off :cheesy:

ATownArmy
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Hey guys, just a quick update, but I'm going to be in Kuwait for a few days until the 6th for some training, so if you need me, I'll still have access to my email, but probably not to any forums. In any emergency, contact Travis from Pax Republica on our forums with a post or a PM to TravisCook. Thanks guys and I hope to see y'all back in-game soon!

ATownArmy
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Back :bigsmile: Time to schedule some more PvP stuff, any requests for certain events, times, or dates?

Weasel
03-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Welcome Back! imo if you have anything scheduled on days other than Wednesdays you should get some participation from a few members of GOW, a lot of us are EST players, did you know of anything current getting ready to go down?

ATownArmy
03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Yup, due to popular demand, this Saturday will be another Tatooine tournament plus some fun stuff afterwards. Time is still TBA, we're bouncing between 3-10PM EST. Any requests for a specific time in there?

Weasel
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
would i be wrong in saying a good few of us do better with the weekday evenings 8pm - 11EST?

ATownArmy
03-08-2012, 03:06 AM
That'll work too. What day would be best? I'll make sure we get something on the schedule for this week. And just FYI, The Tournament got set in stone for this Saturday, the 10th at 4pm EST. So if you can show up, we'd love to see you there. And also the new Twin Spears PvP Rankings Thread is up here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3314468#post3314468 on the swtor forums, so check it out and vote for your favorite 5 PvPers.

Weasel
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I am going to try my hardest to get there by 4pm if any GOW's want to go!! I have a comittment in the morning but should be home before the start

ATownArmy
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Sweet. If you're not there right at 4, it's no big deal, but I've noticed in the past we've lost a few people that left because of a bad turnout, and everyone came 15 minutes late, so we were down 3 people even though we had 12 there. So the earlier the better, if for nothing but aesthetic purposes, makes it look better.

ATownArmy
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey everypony! I hope everyone had a fun St Patty's Weekend filled with alcohol and a reasonable amount of debauchery. So we're back up and running and moderately sober, any input as to what our next PvP event should be, or when and where it should be? I'm always up for some recommendations!

ATownArmy
04-12-2012, 05:08 AM
1.2 is patching now. I are excite!

However, since ranked WZs arent launching with it, we may be doing an OPvP event or two, so keep your ears open. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hi before 1.2 hits. hope to see y'all in warzones soon!

Brambles
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It should bring some players back to the game

ATownArmy
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
That it did. Im seeing a LOT of old faces. Twin Spears isnt as dead as it has been. I dont know how many will stay, but it might've saved our server. It was getting pretty depressing on the rep side, and WZs were hard to buy anytime but peak hours. MUCH better now.

Brambles
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Rated war zones will help once they get that out.